Kitchen Renovations: The kitchen is the main hub of the home. Updates within the kitchen go a long way in increasing the value of the property and building your homes equity. When you invest in the kitchen it is possible to recoup around sixty to one hundred and twenty percent of the investment that was put into the home improvement project. The kitchen renovations should be kept within reason; don’t ever make the kitchen more impressive than the rest of the home or homes within the neighborhood. Avoid the mistakes below:
1) Stop over Upgrading: Don’t invest sixty thousand dollars in a kitchen in a neighborhood that is full of first time home buyers with houses in the low hundred thousand. The investment will not pay out in the end. The style, size and quality of the kitchen remodel should remain similar to those in the neighborhood.
2) Paint is Important: Kitchens are easily freshened up with a coat of fresh paint. Paint is relatively cheap and an update in color can really clean up the kitchen. Make sure the color of the paint is a neutral color that can allow buyers to see themselves within the space.
3) Eco-Friendly Appliances: Energy efficiency is important in all home improvements but especially crucial when it comes to updating your kitchen appliances. Appliances with energy star ratings are not only good for the environment but are also less expensive for potential buyers to operate.
4) Bathroom Upgrades: A bathroom renovation is another terrific way to invest in your home. Adding a bathroom or updating an existing bathroom is a home improvement many homeowners chose. A new bathroom can recoup anywhere from eighty to one hundred thirty percent of the investment made. Again, be careful that you don’t over upgrade. Don’t invest in overly expensive faucets or tubs. The renovation style should stay in line with that of the overall home while noting other bathroom additions in neighborhood homes
5) Reinvent a Room: Take a space within the home and reinvent it. Finish a basement, upgrade an attic or improve the space above the garage to add additional square foot to your home. Consider potential uses for the space before beginning the renovation process. Rooms that are versatile are a great bonus to potential buyers. Basements can be transformed into extra living space that can be used as a living room, playroom or apartment for rent. Attic spaces are great additional spaces for craft rooms, play rooms and more. Usually an attic space will be renovated to accentuate the higher ceilings.
These are just a few of the ways to make home improvements that will bring value to your home when you go to sell it later on down the road.
The Home Doctor, based in Livingston County including Brighton and Howell Michigan, offers a variety of home renovations to clients ranging from bathroom remodeling to age in place home modifications. Contact http://glenmillerthehomedoctor.com/ today all of your home renovating needs.